Salary: $40,000 – $45,000 a year
Job Type: Full-time
Full Job Description
Position: Program and Events Coordinator
Reports to: Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
Benefits: 100% employer-paid health Insurance, dental, short and long-term disability, and life insurance; paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, and parental leave; eligible for 401K employer contribution after 6 months
Organization Overview: The Lost Sierra Chamber of Commerce is a catalytic leader helping to champion a positive future for our community, encourage collaboration and drive growth and leadership that develop our regional economy and improve life for everyone in our community. As a 200+ member organization, we work to build leaders, engage members on important issues, and provide a platform through which the chamber and its members advocate for solutions that move our community forward.
The Event Coordinator is responsible for developing, planning, promoting and implementing the Chamber’s annual events and networking opportunities. Event Coordinator is responsible to be present at each event. Planning may be done virtually.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate all event logistics including location, catering, entertainment, signage, technical support and production, content, transportation, and registration
- Negotiate and manage site and vendor contracts
- Oversee and maintain event budgets, ensuring revenue goals are met or exceeded
- Attend and facilitate meetings related to events
- Coordinate activities of vendors, Chamber staff and volunteers
- Assist other Chamber staff members who produce events in their departments
- Assist with ideation and development of new events and programs as a way to enhance the member experience and generate new revenue for the Chamber
Event Sponsorship & Sales
- Execute event plan and sales for event tickets, booths, tables, etc.
- Ensure sponsorship agreements are fulfilled in their entirety before, during and after the event
- Act as staff liaison to event sponsors
- Research and assist in recruitment of event sponsorships, when needed
- Assist staff in creating content for program and event communications
- Ensure content is up-to-date and accurate on the website, execute changes and updates as needed to the Chamber’s marketing Agency
- Maintain knowledge of goals, objectives and services provided by the Lost Sierra Chamber of Commerce
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Director of Membership, Director of Marketing, or COO in support of the overall mission of the Chamber and Membership Department.
- Serve as a positive representation of the chamber in the community.
Experience & Skills Desired:
- Minimum requirement of a high school diploma, college degree preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in an event or project coordination role
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of integrity and follow-through
- Experience with or ability to learn CRM database, Asana, Google Drive/Docs/Sheets, and MS Office
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision while coordinating multiple projects
- Attention to detail, hyper-organized, and ability to multitask
- Professional demeanor, desire to build relationships
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of people and organizations
- Self-motivated with effective time management
- Must have and maintain a dependable vehicle
- Excellent problem-solving skills and creative ideas
- Strong experience in social media management
- Knowledge of website and database management
- Willingness to maintain flexible hours, both early morning and evening, to assist at events and ensure Chamber duties are completed to satisfaction
The Lost Sierra Chamber of Commerce is an equal-opportunity employer. We are striving to create a diverse workforce and prioritize making sure all employees feel safe and welcome. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.