Job Type: Seasonal
Hourly Rate: $15.50
Full Job Description
Work Requirements: Customer Service Skills
The purpose of this position is to provide assistance in the operation of a golf pro shop but does not direct or manage the operations.
• Must get along well with others;
• Opens and closed the Pro Shop and performs all associated duties;
• Acts on behalf of the Golf Operations Manager and the Director of Golf by administering existing policies and regulations;
• Responsible for interacting with patrons and providing them excellent customer service and satisfaction;
• Uses a computerized cash register to collect golf fees and make retail merchandise sales;
• Completes necessary registration paperwork;
• Determines order of play and calls players to the first tee making sure to stay on time;
• Answer the phone and makes reservations;
• Provides information and answers questions concerning various programs;
• Receives, prices and stocks various retail items;
• Assists with inventory count of retail items;
• Keeps golf shop clean and orderly;
• When requested, pulls carts out and washes golf carts, puts carts in the storage area at the end of the day, empty trash and keep the cart storage area clean and orderly;
• Perform other duties as assigned
Interpersonal skills: Show understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact empathy, cooperation, concern and politeness to others; relates well to different people from varied backgrounds and different situations. Commitment to professionalism and high standards.
Communication skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Understand and respond to a diverse population. Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
Organizational skills: Ability to handle multiple projects, priorities and workflow.
Technical requirements: Knowledge of the game of golf (rules and etiquette). The ability to maneuver a golf cart through congested areas. Attention to detail is critical.
The essential functions of the position may require frequent repetitive use of both hands, light grasping with dominant hand, finger dexterity in both hands, near/far visual acuity, depth perception, field of vision accommodation and color vision; requires bending, walking, standing lifting/carrying of up to 40 lbs. or less, light grasping with non-dominant hand, firm/strong grasping with both hands; reaching overhead, crouching, kneeling, climbing, balancing, pushing/pulling.
The essential functions of the position requires the ability to read and write simple and complex material, have math skills, and the ability to perform simple and complex tasks; analyze data and accurately complete forms & records; compile information, instruct others; work with precision, follow instructions, meet time requirements, memorization, ability to recall multiple details, names, sequences and procedures; problem solving skills, and use of independent judgment.
Work is primarily performed outside with different weather conditions and temperatures. Work may be performed outside and/or in confined areas. Work is performed using electrical devices and computer equipment. Work may be performed alone, with others, around others, and with verbal and face-to-face contact. Work may include extended days.
Educational/Certificate/Licensing Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Specialized Computer/Language/Software/Other Requirements: Word, Excel, e-mail, internet.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Questions? email@example.com or call (530) 897-2300
Nakoma is an equal opportunity employer. It is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment background check and substance abuse testing may be required.